Thursday, June 7, 2012

Crochet Pattern: Mens Loafer Slippers

I was perusing the internet for mens slippers and I came across really nice ones, however it was from a local New Zealand online shop and I didn't want to buy them...I wanted to make them myself. This pattern is mine but I can't help but feel a little guilty so to make myself feel better I will include a link to these wonderful slippers I got my inspiration from. (more pics coming soon)



Please note: These slippers are for indoor use only. Please do not take my pattern, all I ask is that you link to my tutorial on this site.
These slippers are mens size 9-13. I made them specifically for size 11 however they fit me (i'm a size 8) and they stretch quite a bit.


Materials:
-4.25-5mm hook
-2 colours of yarn (or 1)


Abbreviations:
ch - chain stitch
dc - double crochet
slst - slip stitch
st - stitch


Round 1: Start by making a magic loop. (Tutorial found here) Ch 3 & m ake 8 dc into the circle. Pull 'tail' til the circle is tight and closed. Slst to first st.
Round 2: 2 dc in each st. slst in 1st dc. ch 2.
Round 3: 1 dc in same place, 2 dc in next. repeat til end. sl st in 1st, ch 2.
Round 4: 1 dc in same & next, 2 dc in next st. repeat til end. slst to first, ch 2.
Round 5-14: 1 dc in same stitch and in every stitch around. sl st to first, ch 2.
Round 15-28: Turn and work back the direction you came from. 1 dc in same st, 1 dc in each 12 stitches across. ch 2, turn. Repeat til round 18. (3 rounds)
Round 19-end: Ch 1. Go down the side of the flap. sc in each til the corner. 2 sc in corner st. 1 dc in each stitch around til you reach the other side of the flap. Stop in the stitch before the corner. Ch 2, turn and repeat 1 dc in same st and 1 dc each st around working back and forth (not around) til you've reach the desired length of your slipper.


now take the right sides together and slip stitch the top stitches from the top of the heel down to the bottom. End off.

With the same colour, join the yarn in the middle of the back (above the heel). sc in the same spot, start working your way along one side with sc til you get to a corner.


When you've reached the corner, 3sc in the corner stitch. Keep going after working in sc til you reach the corner edge of the flap. Do the same thing as the corner (3sc in corner stitch). Repeat with next edge and corner til you reach your first stitch. sl st into first st, end off.


Repeat the previous step with a new coloured yarn. And Voila, weave in ends and your done!
If you have any questions or need help, please feel free to contact me or leave a comment. Thanks and enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this free pattern!
    I am going to try to make these for my Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pattern was a little confusing to read for me. Slippers turned out way too big for my hubby(he is size 12) I think I probably did it wrong but that could be because it was confusing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it says round 15 to 28 when it should read round 15 to 18. That's what may be confusing to anyone

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...